GENERAL AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
It is imperative to follow these instructions to properly care for your cosmetic tattoo. Although healing stages may vary per individual, following these steps will help achieve the best results possible. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. If you see any signs of a severe allergic reaction, seek medical attention at once.
- You may experience some tenderness (sunburned like sensation) Swelling, redness and mild bruising may occur and may last for a period of 2 - 3 days. Icing it down while elevated may help soothe it and reduce the swelling.
- The appearance of your new cosmetic tattoo tone of color and shape will be much darker and thicker due to pigment oxidation and swelling of the tissue. This is temporary. The color will tone down dramatically after the exfoliation process, projecting up to 50% or more of pigment loss and as the swelling subside, the shape will shrink in size.
- Your procedure site may secrete some bodily fluids. If the area oozes, gently blot directly over the area with a damp paper towel. Do not rub! Pressure may be applied but never on the eyes. Continue to blot the area as needed to prevent it from developing into a thick crusty scab. For an eyeliner procedure, prevent tears to well up by immediately blotting it gently with a tissue or a dry cotton swab
- Treat the area as an open wound so to avoid the risk of infection, do not touch with dirty hands and always keep the area clean. It's recommended that you gently wash the area using a mild soap lathering gently with the tips of your fingers, rinsing with lukewarm water and gently patting it dry. Lightly apply a thin layer of mild lotion or the provided aftercare cream given by your technician. Repeat this regimen twice a day for the next 2 weeks. (Discontinue use of cream if you develop an allergic reaction. Rinse it off and let it dry heal or replace with a mild lotion)
- While showering, do not soak or run the water directly over the tattoo site. Avoid makeup, moisturizers or harsh cleansers on the site. No swimming, heavy exposure to the sun, tanning, saunas or hot steam showers. Avoid heavy workouts or activities which will produce excessive sweating. It's best to resume your normal activities after the exfoliation period is complete which can take up to 2 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face. if you develop some crusting over the site, gently wash as directed. If crust remains after rinsing, do not attempt to pick at it. Allow the crusting to exfoliate on its own.
- In 3-5 days, scabbing and flaking will take place. It may feel dry, tight and itchy. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE SCAB! Doing so may damage the skin, cause scarring and lose pigment. Let the skin peel naturally. Shedding of the skin is normal and all part of the healing process.
- Once the scabs completely sheds, you'll notice shrinkage, it will appear lighter and a bit reddish in color due to the dermal layer still undergoing some healing. Allow 4-6 weeks to reveal its full healed results.
- If this is your initial procedure, a touch up may be needed to complete the procedure. This treatment includes any necessary adjustments or additions to your healed results. This is vital to the integrity and longevity of your cosmetic tattoo and its best carried out in 6-8 weeks from your initial procedure.
- To avoid permanent makeup to fade overtime, avoid direct use over the area with products or topical medication that exfoliates and whitens the skin. Refrain from excessive exposure to the sun, UV rays and indoor tanning. Always use a good sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF-15 or higher.
- In order to keep your permanent cosmetic looking at its best, maintenance is required. A touch up /color boost may be necessary every 1-2 years. Future retouches will assess a fee by the number of application needed. Your touch up fee will be quoted upon scheduling your appointment.
LIP BLUSING AFTERCARE
SHOULD YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ALLERGIC REACTIONS, PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY!
Day 1 (day of procedure)
It’s very important to remove the lymph fluid from the surface of the skin in order to avoid heavy scabbing. Monitor any oozing of the lips by blotting with a damp paper towel and reapply aftercare ointment thereafter. Do this each time you blot. Before bed, if the lips still have some dry lymph, rinse with lukewarm water, gently removing the dry lymph, pat dry and reapply aftercare cream. Sometimes the lips can bruise even after the procedure. Bruising should subside within 24 hours post procedure.
The lips may be swollen the second day as well. Keep the skin moist at all times, do not let the lips dry out. Continue to apply the aftercare ointment throughout the day. Again, DO NOT let the lips dry out! If you run out of the aftercare ointment, use Aquaphor in place of it. DO NOT apply Vaseline, lip balms, antibiotic creams, polysporin, etc. unless directed. Do not use creams that contain acids, or ingredients that will lighten or exfoliate the skin.
During day 1 to day 7 (or until the scabs are fully gone) please avoid the following:
• No Soaking of Water on the area aside from cleaning them (drink through a straw)
• No Makeup
• Avoid Sauna, Pools, Beach Water, indoor or outdoor tanning
• Avoid Spicy or citrusy food (if you must, cut your food into pieces to easily insert into the mouth)
• No excessive stretching of lips
• Use fingers in place of toothbrush
*If you are experiencing a large amount of swelling, ice the treatment area. This can also prevent bruising from occurring. A bag of ice works nicely to keep the area cool. Make sure there is a cloth barrier between the lips and the ice. Prop with a pillow to keep you head elevated. This will help reduce swelling.
*No exercise for 24-48 hours. Physical activity increased your heart rate, blood pressure and blood flow. Minimal blood flow allows damaged capillaries to repair faster. Sweat can also interfere with the healing process. Best to avoid exercise 5-7 days post treatment.
TRUST THE HEALING PROCESS! During the 3-5 days post procedure, you will experience dry flakey lips. DO NOT PICK THE DRY LIPS!!! Once the pigment flakes off naturally, it will appear as though NO pigment has retained at all (ghosting phase) but over the next 6-8 weeks, the color will gradually bloom to a lovely soft shade. If you require a touch up to layer more color, it can be done no sooner than 8 weeks after the original appointment.
*Understand the importance of carrying out these instructions is to obtain the best results possible. Understand that if you fail to follow these instructions, you may jeopardize your healed results.